Saturday, September 13, 2008

Allie's visit

For those of you who don't know, Allie is my oldest friend. We have been friends for 18 years, since the 5th grade. I had just moved to a new school in a new town, and Allie befriended me right away. On our first play date we drew pictures in her dining room. Now she is an extremely talented artist who lives in Brooklyn. She has an art exhibit at the Salina Art Center, so she came out here for the opening. She spent a night at our house, where she got to meet Nancy for the first time. Then Jared and I went to Salina on Thursday for the opening, and spent the night there, with Allie. It was so great to see Allie, and also to learn how adorable and artsy Salina is- who knew?
Here are some photos of her installation


Here's me, Allie, and Nancy in front of Allie's art
Here's some close ups



Another part of her installation

And a close up of that oneHere is Nancy after the opening and the after-party.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

It's fun to say I knew Allie "when". Allie your work is amazing. I'm very proud of you.