Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Hail Storm

We were all hanging out at my mom's house today, when it started to rain. I remembered I had about 20 diapers out on the line in our backyard, so we rushed home to get them. The rain had mostly stopped by the time we got home, so I sent the boys to the park across the street to jump in mud puddles, so I could get some work done around the house. I went to the backyard to get all the diapers off the line, when it started pouring rain. I ran inside to put down the laundry basket of diapers. When I ran back outside to grab the baby puppies and bring them inside, it started hailing. I realized the kids had just gone across the street to play. I ran out the front door to see Seth running home. The other kids apparently thought it was OK to continue playing in the hail. I sent Seth back to get the others. 30 seconds later, Seth came home alone. I sent Seth in the house and ran over to the park myself to get Brendan and Jacob, who were sliding down a slide. I told Brendan to start running home. I scooped up Jacob in my arms and started running, while we both got pelted with pretty good sized hail. Jacob just kept saying, "ouch, ouch, ouch" in a very calm voice. We were all soaked by the time we got home. And all of that happened in about five minutes. Thankfully Nancy slept through the whole thing. Unfortunately I don't have any photos of how we looked after the hail storm, but here are a few of Nancy.

Nancy loves her bouncy chair!


And she is learning to roll over!


No comments: